Monday, March 25, 2013

In the middle of it all

Sometimes it's the little things, right?  The little things that make us happy.

Or perhaps it's the little things that get finished amongst the never-ending big project that provide a sense of accomplishment and a little bit of sanity.

We're replacing the flooring in all our bedrooms.  It seems like our hallway has been a perpetual mess of bedroom furniture and items, and it's only going to get worse.  We're doing the master bedroom next.
Can't we fast forward to next week already?

So last week, in between moving around furniture, ripping up carpet (yes!!!), and scraping old glue, I made a trip to Target.

And discovered a pretty lamp shade on the clearance rack.

And came to the conclusion that a little makeover project was just what I needed after looking despairingly at our cluttered halls and tripping over mattresses for the last week.

After some frog tape, primer, spray paint (that I didn't shake well enough which sprayed clumps onto my lamp resulting in unplanned sanding - oops), and the new lamp shade, I had a new look for my nightstand.


It was just what I needed.  A quick project.  Instant gratification in the form of spray paint.

Now, I guess I'm headed back to cleaning out the master bedroom so we can get ready to pull up the brown shag.  How did our closet get so full anyway?!?

No comments:

Post a Comment