Tuesday, May 15, 2012

Tuesday's Tip - Restor-A-Finish

I would like to say that this will knock your socks off, that I am about to WOW you, but that would probably be an overstatement...so...I am just going to share a little tip with you.

If you have a lot of wood trim in your house, or if you have wood furniture that is scuffed, scratched, contains water marks, or is otherwise looking dreary, I have just the product for you... 
Howards Restor-A-Finish!


Okay, enough of the sales pitching.  Let me just show you a picture of the bathroom door that got acquainted with Howard.


Its like a whole new door now!  

And it's as simple as wipe on, wipe off.



While I am not in love with all the wood in my house, and I dream of the day I can have crisp white trim, I do love how fresh and new the wood looks now that we've used this Restor-A-Finish. We've used it on baseboards, cheap hollow interior doors, solid wood entry doors, and window trim; all with favorable results.



It appears though that this product does not work on deep gouges.
I guess we'll have to replace this window trim. Some day. For now, I have to say that its a big improvement.

I'm looking at my kitchen cabinets now. And at the can of Restor-A-Finish. And back at my kitchen cabinets.  Naw, I've got other plans for them.

But seriously, try this stuff out! It's pretty amazing!
It might even knock your socks off...especially if you forget to ventilate the room by opening the windows.


3 comments:

  1. We had the old, ugly brown 70's trim like yours and we decided to fill the scratches with wood filler and paint it a crisp white. Guess that would be another option for you as well, if you don't want to replace the trim right now.

    ReplyDelete
  2. We actually did think about painting the baseboards, the window trim, and the doors white (whew that sounds like a lot of work). But we have wood windows.

    ReplyDelete