Thursday, June 14, 2012

slipping past me

Today, I sent my oldest son off to youth camp.
I am simultaneously excited for him and nervous .
I had such fond memories of youth camp that I was giddy to send him out the door (certainly more excited than he), confident that he will come to love these camps as much as I did.
At the same time, images of my sweet boy not fitting in or getting lost in the woods are creeping their way forward.
He will be fine.  I know that.  I am just doing my motherly duty - worrying. ;)

Today, (after I had mopped all the floors) Elaina started crawling. On all fours. From one end of the house to the other.
I can't decide if she's going to be a neat freak and only crawl on clean surfaces, or if I have a sixth sense and knew my baby was going to traverse the floors today, which were pathetically filthy. Perhaps I am just flattering myself.
My baby is growing up and it makes me grin from ear to ear.

Today, I looked at my two year old (who actually is a month and a half away from turning three) running around in his skibbies and thought that he was getting kind of skinny.  As in losing his baby chub.  As in becoming a big boy.

Hello?  When has all this time been slipping past me?
It's not like I've been busy or anything.

No comments:

Post a Comment