Monday, December 5, 2011

who's busy?

It is 20 degrees outside.
If the date on the calendar doesn't get me in winter and Christmas mode, the cold will.
To help illustrate my point:
This picture was taken just one week ago!

Here is today's picture (taken of my neighbor's house from my front window because its just too cold to go traipsing outside).

Umm, yes, I'd say its December.  And I have to say that I love it!  I may be ready for spring come the beginning of January, but this AZ girl is loving the white during the Christmas season.

So yes, it is cold. We've set up our tree, hung the Advent calendar, and decorated the gingerbread house.

Now if only I could call it a month!
It is December 5th and I am actually dreading trying accomplish everything on my daily to-do list in the next 20 days.

Now is when everybody and their mother's uncle comments or complains about how busy they are.
Peace, love, and joy? Yeah right!  Busy, stressed, and busy is more like it!

I don't really want to be one of the complaining everybodys, but I guess I just did complain, so today I am.

This morning I suddenly realized that the craziness has started (with no thanks to me and my procrastination) and I couldn't help but laugh out loud.  I was sitting on hold with the Department of Revenue.  I wasn't about to explain that we bought a house, moved, and had a baby all in the same month, but that is basically why I forgot to change my business address.  It is also why I was sitting on hold for 35 minutes to find out why I couldn't log on online to file the "missing returns".
I figured I may as well knock some other things off my to-do list while I was waiting.
With my phone set on speaker and my piece of mail with my ID sitting close by, I set about running another load of laundry and filing paid bills, juggling the baby all the while. In the middle of it all, I anxiously thought about the amount of items still on my to-do list, and I stopped what I was doing and just laughed. 
Elaina thought it was the greatest thing to happen to her all day - have her mama smile and laugh at her.

Quite the conversation then ensued between Elaina and I. 

Each time she cooed or smiled at me, it was like she was pulling one my heartstrings a little harder. 
Let me tell you, that conversation was the best thing that happened to me all day.

photo taken three weeks ago.  where does the time go?

And because you know it and I know it, this is the last you will hear from me about how busy the month of December is.

May you find peace, love, and joy in your household this Holiday Season.

No comments:

Post a Comment