Tuesday, December 13, 2011

Snow Day!

I heard the kids get up this morning, hollering about all the snow, but I rolled over and got cozier in my flannel sheets.  That's what you're supposed to do on a snow day. How come my kids don't know that?

I was lucky enough to convince them to eat breakfast before going out to play.

I was out with my camera.
All the neighbors were out with their snow blowers.
Four were going at one time this morning in our cul-de-sac.
Connor started a snow ball fight with one of the neighbor guys.  I think the neighbor guy won.
I also think that those things are just toys for the boys.  "Hey, while you're having so much fun shooting snow, want to plow my sidewalk too?"

Back inside, I am finding legos in the funniest places.
It looks like Elaina's brothers were planning an attack. On her poor unsuspecting head.

I'm off to attack the breakfast mess
so we can make more mess when we frost our sugar cookies.
That's what snow days are for.  And my kids know it.

2 comments:

  1. my kids haven't learned what snow days are for yet either. up before dawn to help dad with the shoveling-yeah we don't have one of those fancy snow shooters yet either. it sure is beautiful out isn't it? I love the lego attack-it won't be long and they will have to rescue their legos from elaina! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looks lovely all the snow... Love the photos... :) Denise

    ReplyDelete