Wednesday, May 18, 2011

Out of scraps

Like I said, I was eager to get started on my picnic quilt.
I have seven blocks done, probably nine to go.
I think I better stay away from nine patches for the rest of the quilt, and I'm definitely going to need sashing between these blocks.  It's a rather interesting combination of fabrics, but I'm sticking to my goal of using up my extra material.
The only problem is that I'm running out of scraps! I need some fabric to match several of my favorite pieces.
Darn, I'm at a stand still (which actually is probably not a bad thing).

Reluctantly, I've left my sewing machine.
Dare I show you the state of my house at 11 AM?

This mess is another I need to tackle.
They played with the trains for about 5 minutes.  I'm not sure it was worth it.

On a completely different note, have you been buying strawberries, strawberries, and more strawberries?
Next time you are making strawberry sauce, I have a suggestion -
use brown sugar in place of some or all of the white, and substitute orange juice for some or all of the water
(I substituted half for each using 1/3 c. brown sugar and 3 Tbsp. OJ and it was pretty sweet).

We had some delicious strawberry sundaes as well as homemade waffles with this sauce on top. Yum!

1 comment:

  1. I can relate to the condition of the house. It's not a bad thing, it just means kids live in the house.
    That strawberry syrup!! Looks so delicious!! And brown sugar and OJ!! What a great tip!! My mouth is watering! :)

    ReplyDelete