Monday, August 1, 2011

I could go for more 'boring'

How can a summer be so boring for my kids, yet so busy for me? I have heard a lot of "I'm bored" and "There's nothing to do."  Yet I have felt like I've run non-stop.

Since our vacation, we've packed in swim lessons for the oldest three, summer colds, swimmer's ear infections, one case of walking pneumonia, a day of swimming with cousins in Phoenix, four days with some Finn company, a trip to the Grand Canyon, swimming in Sedona, and a weekend sleepover with a friend. 

When Dean asked me on Saturday if we had any grand plans for the day, I said "Thank goodness, no!" 
I am happy that we have a nice normal, 'boring' week ahead of us. 

It means I can finish the project I started a couple weeks ago.  No, its not sewing this time. It involves wood, a sander, and a drill.


Funny story:  about a month ago, when I was on a sewing kick and making a lot of trips to Joann's, Donovan let me know exactly what he thought of my fabric shopping.  We had pulled up to Joann's, right in front of the store sign.  My two year old immediately said "No! Don't want to!"
The poor kids had made almost every trip for fabric with me.  And choosing fabric is not a quick decision.

Lately, I've been making a few trip to Home Depot and Ace Hardware, some by myself, some not.
This morning, we made a run for some wood.  After coming home and starting working, I realized that I needed longer screws.  Darn, I was just there! But I want to finish this thing. "Let's run to Ace Hardware, kids" I called.
They were not pleased.  
I don't know what I would have done if there wasn't the promise of popcorn!

Alright, I'm headed back to my project, which I am very eager to finish and bring in the house.  
Promise I'll share once its done.



No comments:

Post a Comment