Friday, July 22, 2011

My sweet little boy,

Yesterday, you turned two. You sang along.


You love to sing.  You go to sleep singing, you wake up singing.  Your favorite song was the ABC song, followed closely by "E,I,O" as you called it.  That was six months ago though.  Now your favorites are "Jesus loves me" and "Twinkle Little Star".  Every member of the family gives in to your requests to sing a song.


You keep up with your siblings.  I've never known a little boy to learn to ride a bike so soon (20 months).  You gave up your sippy cup long ago. You like to dress yourself in the morning now, and put on your own shoes.


You are extremely polite.  You always clear your place and say "Thank you Mom" (about 4 times).  You love to help out, and give everybody their shoes when its time to go somewhere.

I think one of your favorite things to do is say goodbye.  When Daddy leaves for work in the mornings, its a big to-do of hugs, kisses, waves, and "see you later's".  And you make sure that nobody is left out, every single time.


You are my little snuggle bug, and everybody cherishes the hugs and kisses you give out.
When I look at you, I see your Daddy and your big brothers, but I admit to being delighted to seeing my brothers in you as well.
You are pretty special, little man; I love you fiercely.


I need to get a 2 year picture of you this weekend.  Please tell me, is there a way to get you to sit still and look at the camera for more than 3 seconds???
Because I don't feel like I've been able to capture your sweetness on film yet, and I'd really like to.
Love Mom

1 comment:

  1. You're capturing it in words if not on film. Happy Birthday little sunshine!

    ReplyDelete