Thursday, July 14, 2011

Sewing Project Countdown

I wish I could say that I am down to a countdown of weeks till this baby arrives, but I'm not.  The end of September still feels pretty far away.

I am counting down to baby's arrival by sewing projects, though.  Car seat cover/canopy - check!


Isn't this thing the greatest idea?  Either that or it's a silly one.  I thought I would give it a try anyway, and you have to admit, how annoying is it when the wind whips the blanket off the car seat and wakes the baby up?  Or to make matters worse, the wind whips off the blanket when you're out in the rain or snow.


This project was a bit more work than it should have been.  As usual, I decided to try something new, without really knowing what I was doing (the ruffle on the bottom).  And because I thought I could sandwich three layers without pinning, and then was too lazy to take apart the stitching all the way around the edge, I have a top and bottom that didn't quite match up.  But I'm counting on nobody looking too closely and therefore completely missing the fold in the fabric that shouldn't be there.  I also still need to shorten the handle straps, but that should be pretty quick.  If I could lower the ribbon on the front without taking the whole thing apart, I would.  Darn, I wish there was no trial and error to teaching one's self to sew.
It's rather...black...but I like it.


About ten weeks (who's counting?) and some burp cloths, a minky blanket, and a nursing cover to go until this baby arrives.
Unless I find some other cute sewing project I can't live without.  :)

2 comments:

  1. Super cute idea! What on earth is a minky blanket?

    ReplyDelete
  2. lol! I picked up some of that soft and comfy minky dot fabric from Joanne's remnant bin, and I am going to make a blanket out of it. I'll post a pic when I'm done. :)

    ReplyDelete