Wednesday, November 24, 2010

Giving Thanks

I am thankful for many things. The top two things however, are my faith, and family and friends.  If I had nothing else but these two...then I'd be okay.

Friends are a blessing. (I'm wishing I had a photo of another good friend)
Thankfulness is something we all strive to teach our kids. What better time than Thanksgiving? At the dinner table this year, try this activity that I enjoyed last year: take turns going around the table and saying what you are thankful for.  It's fun to see what your children will come up with!

I found these two letters on my computer from two years ago:

I am thankful for my friends, Demetrius and Derek and little Sean and big Sean. I like Miles too. I love to play with them.
I am thankful for my books. I love to read.
I am thankful for my family because they help me learn.
I am thankful that God made me and that he made people.
I am thankful that God made light and the sun so that we can see.
Connor, Age 4

I am thankful for T-Bone and Derek because I like to play with them.
I love Jesus. I am thankful for Him.
I am thankful for my family.
I can’t go far away from my toys.
Aubrey, Age 3


Ha! I love the part about the toys. 


I just asked my current three year old what he is thankful for.  His response:
" Donovan.  Ummm food. Aubrey. Connor. Dad and Mom. I'm thankful for cups because I drink out of them."


I love toddlers.  They are so practical! :)

Happy Thanksgiving!  Enjoy your families and enjoy your food! 

No comments:

Post a Comment