Wednesday, March 18, 2015

My growing girl and a book recommendation

The other day, my daughter came into the kitchen and asked "what are you making?"

"Applesauce muffins," I replied. "The boys have been asking for them."

"Can I make them all by myself?" she asked.

"Sure!"

And I couldn't get out of the kitchen fast enough!
Just Kidding. I did stick around to answer her questions. And take pictures.



"Yes, the capital T means tablespoon." And, "you want to try fill all the muffin cups to the same level so they will cook evenly."


 I'm thrilled that she has taken an interest in cooking and baking.  It's quite fun to teach her.


She and I were both proud of her end result!



As I was watching her in the kitchen, I couldn't help but think how grown up she is getting.  She's no longer my little girl!  But it's fun to be at this stage, and I really do enjoy her!  She's a thoughtful, smart, and fun girl, and I'm quite proud of who she is.

Speaking of growing girls, I purchased this book for Aubrey, and I love it enough to make a shout out about it on here.


The Care and Keeping of You (book 1) is geared for ages 8 and up (Aubrey is 9 and very intuitive; it seemed like a perfect time for her to get this book). It's packed full of information about how to care for your hair, skin, etc. as well as how to care for your body as a whole through exercise, sleep, and a healthy diet.  And of course it mentions puberty and what can be expected in the years to come.
I highly recommend it!

1 comment:

  1. Where has time gone?! What a beautiful growing up young lady you have. She's so lucky to have a mom who enjoys the teaching!

    ReplyDelete