Friday, March 14, 2014

Pink? Blue?

When we found out we were expecting twins, I had a fun idea for sharing the news with family.
Since everyone was getting together for Christmas, I made cards to hand out.  There was nothing on the front of the card, and on the inside I glued a picture of the best ultrasound image.


While the picture alone would have sufficed, I added little verses to the cards like:

"Double the joy, double the fun, we have two miracles instead of one!" 

and 

"We don't know if we'll need pink, we don't know if we'll need blue, 
but one thing we do know is that we're going to need two!"

Well, fast forward 10 weeks and now we do know what colors we're going to need come summer!

Sis wouldn't cooperate at my 20 week ultrasound and I have no pictures of her,
so this is the same first image from 10weeks 5days. 

We're going to need both colors!
Our family will grow by one boy and one girl, making for three girls and four boys.
I am quite excited to meet them.  And while I know that fraternal twins are simply a brother and sister that share a womb and birth date, I know I will be checking to see what characteristics they share and how much they look and act alike. Will brother be outgoing and sister be shy (this idea is so random it cracks me up! Funny the ideas we get from ultrasounds!)?  Will they both have Dean's blonde hair and blue eyes?  Will one of them be a thinker and one a do-er?
Either way, I hope they will be lifelong bosom buddies.

Seeing them at 20 weeks on the ultrasound screen and hearing their heartbeats made it seem a little more real.  It hit home to me that I would soon be holding two precious gifts in my arms!  Two little sweet smelling bundles of love.

I never really considered more than what I've already been blessed with (part of being a busy mom of five I guess); but while looking at that screen I realized that my heart had already expanded to fit these two in with the rest like it was just waiting for boy/girl twins.

It was waiting, and there was most definitely room for two more.

2 comments:

  1. How neat. Can't wait to meet these two. You are so blessed! This whole 9 mos will be so worth it when you and Dean hold these gifts from the Heavenly Father in your arms. Love you Tarja

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awwww Keilah! I'm sooo excited for you!!! Your LUCKY, adorable family gets to have double the fun this summer :)

    ReplyDelete