Monday, October 21, 2013

visitor stickers and paint projects

I have a week of 60+ degree weather coming up.
What am I doing blogging?

I have a honey oak hutch in the garage and raw wood siding on the guest house, both awaiting paint.
What am I doing blogging?

I have an art print and a packet of information as well as a kindergarten class expecting me tomorrow.
What am I doing on the computer again?

Oh, that's right, I was blogging!
Because I have to go pick up one child from school in 20 minutes and that's not enough time to dive into any of my projects.
And because I am having blogging withdrawals.  All these post ideas in my head, and no time to bring any of them to fruition.

Do any of you feel a sense of urgency to complete projects when it's a beautiful end of October like I do?
I have this urge to refinish furniture, redo my kitchen, paint my bedroom walls, and who knows what else I'll dream up, because it's gorgeous weather and I should be enjoying the opportunity to piddle in the garage, or throw open windows to let the paint fumes out.

Oh, but I should be outdoors too!  Fall is the best time of year to hike, run, and bike!
Plus, I'm getting ready for a daunting, sure to be amazing, once in my lifetime, 20 something mile long hike!  Eeee!
I'll try find the time to share with you later this week. Huh? I said try. It was no promise.

Okay, what was I saying again?  Oh yeah, I was going through withdrawals.
I've been busy as a beaver at the kids' school.


Sometimes I don a volunteer lanyard, and other times a visitor sticker (Donovan likes to wear one too).
Sometimes I help the Kindergartners finding their sight words in books.  Sometimes I make journals or cut paper in the copy room. Sometimes I help the 2nd graders with a map activity, or working on spelling workbooks.  Once I got to read the class my favorite kids book.  We also baked apple tarts.  And this coming week will be the first of nine Masterpiece Art lessons that I do in my kid's classrooms this school year.
So yeah, I've been kind of busy.  And it's not going to get a whole lot better soon.
But I love it!!  For the first time ever, I've been able to be actively involved in my kid's classrooms.

Sooo, what else have I been up to?  Painting bathroom cabinets, laying out the floor plan for our sauna room, squeezing in a hike or run when I can, piddling here and there.



A clean white pot, some sample paint, and half an hour of my time resulted in this fun pot in my kitchen window.
It makes me smile.

And now I am out of time.  Off to school I go.
Till next time!

No comments:

Post a Comment