Friday, August 16, 2013

33:52 Inspiring

This one made me think.
What inspires me?

I find people inspiring.  Other's actions and art often inspire me to be creative or act a certain way.  That doesn't seem tangible enough to photograph though.

I find nature inspiring.  The beauty that surrounds me often directly affects my mood.  I like absorbing the tranquility of nature, the vividness of it.

I find my children inspiring.  I delight in discovering their personalities - seeing their stubborn streaks and their gentle spirits shine through.  I enjoy watching them grow up and see the people they are becoming.

33:52

Children are wonderfully adaptive, positive, and persistent beings.
Take this girl for instance, my oldest daughter.
She picked up the oars and paddled our kayak shortly after I took this picture.  She brought us from one side of the reservoir to the other, awkwardly dipping the oars deep in the water, struggling to keep us on a straight path. After a while, she gave a dramatic sigh and slumped her shoulders. I thought she was going to give up, especially seeing as how I was videoing it all and laughing hysterically rather than helping her; but then she picked up the oars and kept at it.  
She persevered.

She inspires me.

Let's go see what inspires the very creative and talented able mabel.

No comments:

Post a Comment