Friday, May 31, 2013

22:52 Technology

My mother lives 3,000 miles away.
Alaska is a long ways from Arizona, and at times I feel every single mile that separates us.

With the wonder of modern day technology, it feels just a bit closer.
Have you ever used Skype? Or the Hangout on Google Plus? It's a marvelous way to communicate face to face.
Our family, living in six different homes in three different states, have all been able to face chat at one time on Google Plus.  Good stuff.

As fun as our virtual hangouts are, the ability to play scrabble together is almost better!

Back in the day, playing my mother in a game of scrabble was basically murder.  She's the word game queen.  I wonder if I might just stand an occasional chance now though, with the Tournament Word List and Google at my fingertips.  Shhhh! Don't tell!

We are currently tied in our first game.

22:52 Technology

With this rack of letters though, I have a premonition that it's all downhill from here!

Now if only I had a smarter phone, I could wile away the long hours involved in airline travel playing scrabble...

This afternoon I'm on my way to Minnesota for a long weekend to attend a cousin's wedding and visit my dear Mummu and Pappa.  While I'd love the newer technology of a smart phone and it's apps, nothing beats good old-fashioned "visiting".  I can't wait to hug my grandparents and stay with them again!

I'm linking up to Anita this week.  Head her way, and enjoy your weekend!


No comments:

Post a Comment