Monday, April 16, 2012

not perfect, just beautiful

I saw this great saying the other day that went something like this:

A bird does not sing because it has an answer,
it sings because it has a SONG.

I like it. I think that "a song" could also be replaced with "JOY".  
Not happiness, but joy.

Today I feel the difference between happiness and joy.  Although I have a large to-do list for the week ahead of me - one that may be stressful and will certainly be busy - my heart is full and I am content.

The most beautiful things in life are not seen, 
but are felt with the heart.

Today, the simplest things are beautiful to me.
New clothesline, dandelions, moist earth, sunshine, green grass -
such inconsequential things these are to be bringing so much joy.


clean. fresh. sunshine.

busy little fingers

exploring the world around her

picked just for me

Yes, my heart if full. It is bursting with song.

This is a perfectly beautiful moment to be alive.


No comments:

Post a Comment