Tuesday, June 14, 2011

Get Out and Get Active!

I have created a challenge for our family for this summer.  To get out and get active three times a week.
Summer's in Flagstaff are beautiful, we have no excuse not to.

Today was no exception.

This walk included exercise stations.
It was too funny to see Donovan imitating his siblings.

And he doesn't do a bad job at keeping up with the pack.

As hard as it is to haul small children along on outdoor adventures, I don't think there is any other way to teach them to enjoy nature and to cultivate an active lifestyle.  No, we are not going very far.  Yes, we are moving pretty slow. No, it is not a workout for me at all.  
But I enjoy our outings because I am seeing my kids experience the things I enjoy.
Besides, we're heading to some National Parks in couple weeks, and the best way to enjoy them is to hike them.  My kids need to be ready.

And this is how I convert a single stroller into a double one
thereby squeezing an extra 15 minutes into our walk.
Too bad it's too big to bring with us on our trip, not to mention not exactly ideal for canyons.

No comments:

Post a Comment